Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Four FAQs About Microsoft SCOM Certification
Many IT professionals have considered getting a Microsoft SCOM certification, but they are hesitant due to confusion and unanswered questions. Are you one of them?
Below are four frequently asked questions about the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) certification.
1. Why Should You Get This Certification?
Microsoft SCOM is a cross platform data centre monitoring system for OS and hypervisors. The certification is mainly for professionals who manage, configure and troubleshoot data centres and cloud infrastructures. It is a validation of their comprehensive skills and knowledge in providing infrastructure monitoring that is flexible and cost-effective.
Four Benefits of a SCOM Certification
- The course or program you go through to get this certification is rigorous. It will polish and update your skills and knowledge.
- The certification will give you an edge in the competitive IT job market. You will be more likely to be selected over other candidates by a top company.
- Once certified, you will enjoy greater leverage when negotiating your salary. You will receive higher pay than anyone else starting in your position who isn’t certified.
- You will earn respect and recognition from your colleagues.
2. How Long Does It Take to Prepare for the Exam?
This question is subjective, and it really depends on each individual candidate. Some are quick learners, and others take more time to grasp certain concepts. If this is your first time pursuing an IT certification, it can take anywhere from 4–6 months. Give yourself plenty of time to prepare for your SCOM exam.
3. How Will It Help My Career?
This certification is a validation of your extensive, up-to-date skills and knowledge. You will enjoy a higher salary and have more career opportunities. You will gain respect from your colleagues and this will give you an advantage in the competitive IT job market.
4. Can I Study Independently or Do I Need to Attend a Course?
It is always advisable to have an experienced and certified instructor on your side. The exam won’t be easy, so getting instruction from a quality IT college will take you a long way. Your instructor will have been in your shoes, so they will be very helpful in your preparation.
These are the four most frequently asked questions about SCOM certifications. Take the next step and pass this exam to give your career a big boost. Find a quality IT college and familiarize yourself with OpsMgr tools and supporting technologies. Good luck!
Microsoft SCOM Certification