Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Get an IT Certification and Negotiate a Higher Salary
In previous years, employers may not have recognized and appreciated the real value of IT certifications, but times have changed significantly. With a serious skills gap in the market and organizations failing to fill their technical roles, certified professionals have become essential. In the past two years, the salary of candidates with IT certifications has nearly doubled.
Some of the Most Valuable IT Certifications and Their Average Annual Salary
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) — $122,291
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) — $121,923
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) — $113,320
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching — $112,858
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center — $107,045
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) — $105,008
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) — $102,138
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Security — $101,414
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) — $99,334
One of the reasons why these professionals enjoy a higher annual salary is because IT certifications are a mark of excellence that reflects their credibility; these candidates boast advanced technical skills and up-to-date knowledge. These certifications also highlight the candidate’s efficient interpersonal skills; their willingness to go the extra mile, their passion to learn and their desire to gain an edge on their competition. All of these factors give them a better opportunity to negotiate their much-deserved, higher salary.
Are You Certified?
If you have an IT certification, the doors are open wide to endless career opportunities and a higher salary. If your pay isn’t up to par with the industry standards, then talk to your boss. Explain that having a certification is beneficial not just for you, but for the company as a whole. Sell your boss on all the benefits, and if things don’t work out in your favour, then look for a new career opportunity — you deserve better!
The Next Step
Choose the best IT certification(s) that matches your personal interest and career goals. Find a reputable institute, learn everything you can and pass the exam with ease. Happy career, happy high-pay!