Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
The 15 Most Common Mistakes IT Professionals Make in Their Career
“Learn from your mistakes.” As popular as that saying is, it’s easier said than done. However, it’s vital when climbing to the top of the IT field.
Here are the 15 most common mistakes IT professionals make:
- They don’t really know where they want to go. In fact, they have no actual long-term career goals.
- They think having traditional university qualifications is sufficient to get a high-paying job.
- They want to get to the top, but without working hard and putting in the effort.
- They prioritize paper qualifications over practical experience.
- They undervalue interpersonal skills.
- They believe that they know everything and have no desire to learn new things.
- Their skills and knowledge are out of date and don’t match current trends.
- They haven’t taken official courses with a partnered college.
- They don’t love what they do, and are driven by money and recognition.
- They don’t have IT certifications.
- They take success for granted.
- They don’t celebrate small successes.
- They don’t know how to be a leader.
- They don’t know how to manage their time, organize or plan.
- They don’t know how to negotiate a better salary and/or job role.
These common mistakes can often stunt careers.
Individuals making these mistakes should fix them, break through the barriers and give their IT career a boost!
CareerIT CertificationsIT Courses